School Advisory Board
School Advisory Board
Rev. Piotr Rapcia
Mrs. Barb Labotka
The Saint Zachary School Advisory Board consists of nine members, in addition to the pastor and principal. Meetings are held at the school on the third Wednesday of each month.
If you should have any concerns or suggestions regarding the school, or would like to attend a meeting, please contact the president at email@example.com.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY: ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS
The advisory board is a leadership group within the ministry of Catholic schooling. As such, the responsibilities include:
- Modeling faith community in a spirit of cooperation and interdependence with the Pastor and Principal.
- Adhering to Archdiocesan policies that enable the school to fulfill its mission.
- Reviewing and advising on the school budget, tuition rates and other sources of financing, ensuring school financial accounting and reporting is transparent and timely.
- Participating in the school’s development, student recruitment efforts and long-range planning process.
- With the parent ambassadors, acting as the public relations and marketing arm of the school and its programs.
- Participating, upon request, in the AdvancED School Accreditation process.
- Monitoring the implementation of the recommendations of the AdvancED school improvement plan.
- Supporting the efforts of local legislative action.
- Assisting the pastor in the search and selection of the principal when a vacancy occurs.
- Evaluating annually the board’s effectiveness, productivity and internal operations.
- Participating in ongoing board in-service both at the Archdiocesan and local level.
- Directing individuals and/or groups to appropriate resources for conflict resolution.
- Developing and periodically reviewing the board constitution and bylaws
ADVISORY BOARDS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Acting as a grievance committee or conciliators for any group or individual
- Evaluation and performance review of the principal
- Administering the school or telling the principal how to administer the school
- Advising the principal in personnel matters
- Hiring, evaluating, or terminating faculty and staff
- Implementing school rules, procedures, or policies
- Developing policy
The School Advisory Board and its sub-committees also oversee fundraising efforts and promotes the future of Saint Zachary School.
Various committees, events, and fundraisers sponsored by the Advisory Board include:
- Family Mass & Pizza
- Bulldog Bucks
- Dine N’ Shares
- Parent Ambassadors
- Prospective Family Tours
- Website Development
- Certificate Program
- Marketing and Retention
- Open Houses
- Spring Dinner Event
- Dippin Dots After Christmas Concert
- Volunteer Program
For more information about the School Advisory Board or volunteer opportunities, please contact the president at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued support!